Daring to Dream Again


As you have probably experienced, birthdays make you think about your life. As I ponder life today, on this my birthday, I am overwhelmed with gratitude for all that God has blessed me with. First and foremost, I am so grateful for the incredible mercy, grace and love that my best friend, Savior, and Heavenly Father covers me with every day! I am so grateful for my precious husband, Brooks. Our steadfast love for one another is definitely a gift from God! I have two wonderful children, Matthew and Jessica. Being their Mom is one of the biggest joys of my life. I have a huge extended family and many remarkable friends that love and support me and truly enrich my life. I am so blessed!

This past year was a monumental year for me personally as I enjoyed the completion of a lifelong dream of producing a professional CD. The first half of the year was exhilaratingly exhausting as I climbed the steepest portion of my mountaintop experience and landed on the peak. As I soaked in the view, I found myself emotionally overwhelmed at God's creation. Unwilling or unable, I am not sure which, but it took me a long time to move from that spot. I rested and soaked in the moment that I had been pursuing and dreaming of for so long. Slowly, I became re-energized enough to begin the descend to level ground. That is where I am today...back on level ground. Now it is time to live out the purpose of my "dream come true". To be completely honest, I still find myself questioning God's timing on this. He tells me in my heart that I need to stop looking at and comparing my journey to the picture presented in the media of young female artists and instead keep my focus on Him. God reminds me that His ways are definitely not our ways. He reminds me of the many mature women in the Bible that He mightily used. As I consider the following equation: 

God’s Supernatural Power

+ Surrendered Individual Gifted by God

= Supernaturally Empowered Surrendered Gifted Individual

I am reminded, that with God, all things are possible. Looking forward to the year ahead, God is in the process of transitioning our family into a new season that will include unfamiliar and uncharted territories. My biggest struggle is letting go of my preconceived notions of what my life should look like so my mind and heart can dare to dream again. Here we are, soon to be empty nesters with nothing really preventing us from pursuing our lifelong career goals. We are stepping out of the boat and trusting God to keep us from sinking. My husband is pursuing his lifelong dream of working as a professional baseball coach and I am pursuing my lifelong dream of working in full time music ministry. How are the two dreams going to work together? Well, only God knows the answers to that. To me, it looks like God is providing a very creative way to move my music ministry into larger territories plus I do love to sing the National Anthem and God Bless America! Should be fun!

God is telling me to get ready to get busy so that is what I'm doing. Anybody want to buy a house in the Florida Keys...furnished or unfurnished? I'm serious! A lot of hard work is ahead. I must let loose of the good so that God can bring about His best! I'm trying hard to trust and to cast down the fear that naturally comes when you face so many unknown details. I do know though, that God will direct my steps and provide whatever is needed to help this dreamer successfully live a life for His purpose.

Thanks for reading what is on my heart these days. I would truly appreciate your prayers. But before I close, let me ask you...

What are you daring to dream lately?

Have you let a God given dream fall asleep, for whatever reason...sacrifice, dying to self or disbelief? Take heart! Be of good courage. It was not your imagination if He has called you and given you His dream for your life. You are never too young or too old to pursue a God given dream. Just...


"Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.
Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him and He will do this."
...Psalm 37:3-5 (New International Version)

Remember...

God's Supernatural Power

+ Surrendered Individual Gifted by God

= Supernaturally Empowered Gifted Surrendered Individual Dreaming to make a difference for Christ!


Is that you also? Then I hope you are getting ready too! 
Come on...join me and ...
                              ..."Choose to Shine"

Keep your chin up and your eyes on Christ!
Love and blessings to you and yours,
Becky

No comments: