Will I Be Ruled By My Emotions?

Will I be ruled by my emotions? Will I give my life over to whatever I want to do…according to my feelings? No...I have determined in my life to align my desires and decisions with God’s Will and Word. I hope to have the courage to live what I believe.

“Help me stay true to what I believe Lord!”

“I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.”
…Luke 10:19

Now by sharing this, I am not saying I totally understand the above scripture. Bad things do happen to Godly people; BUT, I do know that the purpose of EMOTIONAL hurt is to rob you of the blessings of God…to injure you enough in your feelings or emotions to move you away from the Word and purposes He has for you in your life. I write concerning the soul or the inner man. This is where I hope someone will be encouraged and perhaps glimpse a truth that they have not yet realized.


Remember Luke 10:19 and say to yourself…“I am emotionally invincible and I will not be ruled by emotional hurt. I have authority over my emotions.” Complaining and murmuring show that we are being ruled by our emotions and that we have not taken authority over them. Anyone ever do that? Whoo!


“Lord, help me stay true to what I believe!”

“Reckless words pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.”
…Prov. 12:18

Don't give place to the enemy! Walk in love! Walk in the blessing that is on you as a believer! Claim it. The enemy is trying to rob us of everything God has promised and already given us! Are we allowing ourselves to be dragged by emotional hurt out of the position we need to be in to receive His full blessings on our lives?

Perhaps we have tolerated emotional hurt because we have been taught that it is ok to keep it. How has that worked out for you in the past or even in the present? For me, emotional hurt has at times been like a poison…making me sick and even paralyzing me through depression.


“It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.”
…Gal. 5:1

Say it again... “I am emotionally invincible and I will not be ruled by emotional hurt. I have authority over my emotions.”

The enemy’s strongest weapon is suggestion…that hissy little lying voice that can so quickly sway us. We must learn to recognize His tactics and take heed…rebuke Him! If you have indeed been bought with the blood of Christ, you are empowered from on High! Remain on the offensive. Do not let yourself become entangled in a battle that is already won!


"Jesus said, if you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."
…John 8:31-32

Emotional pain can be so intense that it can bring about actual manifestations in our lives…bitterness, resentment, unforgiveness, sickness, disease, and death. Avoid the tendency to place yourself on the defensive. This is where we too often empower the enemy. Ask these questions: What is hurt trying to get me to do? Who will it affect? What will be the outcome?


"Great peace have they which love thy law and nothing shall offend them."
…Psalm 119:165

Yes…we must deal with hurt. We must not stuff it down and try to deny that it is there. Confess it to God. Lament to Him.

If you are not sure where the real source of the problem is, ask God to reveal it to you.

Forgive...those who knowingly or unknowingly hurt you. Do not wait for their apology. It may never come but you do not have to be subject to the power of their actions.

Examine yourself. Ask God for His mercy and forgiveness if you were partly responsible for the problem. If need be, by all means, forgive yourself and when necessary and possible, ask the other person(s) involved for their forgiveness.

Move forward in grace! Pray for the other person involved and ask God to give you His heart for them.

Take and use the power, healing and authority applied to our lives through the blood of Jesus by our adoption through salvation by the grace of God given to us…His beloved…His children.


“Help me stay true to what I believe Lord!”

We can’t build new foundations or move forward into our purpose and destiny if emotions rule our lives.

Will I be ruled by my emotions? Will you?

Keep your eyes on Christ and remember…
You Are Loved!
Becky


No comments: